Saturday, May 29, 2010

Lesson in Family Finance

So as part of my preparation to begin my life as a royal, I went to tour the family treasury this past Thursday. Apparently one of the most important parts of being royal is having a bunch of really fancy, one-of-a-kind things that you can use to impress everyone else. For best results these things are gilded in gold and have been touched by Jesus. Also acceptable are things that are supposedly really, REALLY old, took years to be hand crafted by masters, were worn during special historical occasions or are just super rare. For example, having the biggest emerald on the planet is pretty darn impressive (I’m quite pleased that this is in the family collection as emeralds are my favorite gem stone). Everything (including a gigantic emerald) is even more impressive when wearing a golden crown.
Luckily for me, pictures are allowed inside the treasury, so I documented some of the more important pieces so I can study up on JUST how rich I am going to be as a princess. Check it out:

I always thought I would prefer a tiara on my head, but this might be too tempting.
Whatcha think?

Of course, infants need throwns too
Ausguziechnet! (translation: Excellent auf Deutch)

This bowl supposedly caught Christ's blood after the cruxifiction and therefore has magical powers (in fact, anything in the treasury that supposedly had anything to do with Christ has magical powers)
The longest unicorn horn ever found. Yes, I said unicorn.
So, this doesn't look terribly exciting in comparison to some of the other things in the treasury, but supposedly that little blue circle on the bottom dates from 1000 BC, making it mighty impressive.
These hold supposed fragements of Christ's cross (these are 2 of many)
It's not a magic wand, but I can pretend
The nail that supposedly peiced Christ's right hand
This cloth was supposedly used to wipe Christ's face after he died and left an impression of his face. It's a bad picture, but look close (don't worry, it's hard to see in person too)
Another contender for the future decoration of my head
Just one more reminder of how hard life as a royal is going to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment