Saturday, May 22, 2010

When I grow up, I am going to be an Austrian Princess

So basically I’m convinced that I am a Hapsburg. This can’t be proven at the present time, because my father was adopted, but I’m pretty positive that I have royal blood running through my veins. You think I’m kidding, but I’m not. I came to this conclusion after visiting the Schonbrunn palace. I’ve had suspicions for a while now that I just might REALLY be a princess, and now those suspicions have been confirmed. I can’t explain to you exactly HOW I know, but trust me. . . it was apparent. How else do you explain the fact that I felt right at home at this place that was decorated in some of my favorite colors and art styles? Good taste apparently runs in the family. Plus, I love Austria, so the patriotism is clearly a part of my soul. Sure the family was a little off, but they were absolutely fascinating (and those of you that know my family know that this applies to us too :)). I have plenty of other evidence to support my hypothesis as well, but that’s not the point. The point is that I was born to be at Schonbrunn.
Now, I am aware that the role of princess is not a perfect fairytale. It is going to be lots of hard work and sacrifice, but I’m willing to pay the price for the greater good. Sure I might have to marry off all my children for political reason and watch the rest of my family get murdered, but at least I will have an awesome house! And actually, I think I could figure out a new way that I could achieve political success without sacrificing the lives of my family members AND live in a big fancy house. So it would be a win-win-win situation for everyone, and I would be the best princess this country has ever seen. I wouldn’t say I came to Europe to “find myself,” but apparently I have. It’s a good feeling to know your true purpose in life.

Some of my ancestors. (Note the resemblance)
I look to them for some tips on how to be a good leader

Marie Antoinette

"Sissy of Veinna"

And, of course, Maria Theresa

Recap: To be a good royal Austrian woman:
1) Share your cake
2) Grow your hair to the floor and spent hours a day grooming yourself
3)Birth 16 children and then find good uses for them

Got it!

Here are some of the pics my point and shoot captured of our future home. Pictures aren't allowed inside (luckily, or else the entire internet could copy my good taste in decorating) but the outside is gorgeous too.

























And as if the gardens weren't awesome enough, THEY HAVE DUCKS!
Feeding the ducks is a favorite passtime of mine. I didn't have anything to feed this guy, so I hope I didn't make a poor first impression. . .




And did I mention that this is just the Summer residence. . . There is an entirely different palace for the rest of the year. Being a princess is going to be so overwhelming with all the square footage to become aquainted with. Oh well, a princess has to do what a princess has to do. . .

5 comments:

  1. Oh Ambree I love you! I can see the family resemblance ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my GOSH! I produced a princess! And a humble one at that! Well, I'm glad you finally figured out my family roots. I'm also glad you've found a place you love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ambree.. considering both of our fathers are adopted, could you please look into finding out if I am a princess as well while you're out there.. I mean it's possible considering I am related to you and we both have the double e thing going for us in our first names... hmmmm wouldn't that be interesting! And then we could go to each others summer houses throughout Europe and life would be much more enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was in Salzburg this is what I wrote in my journal: "I think there was a mistake, I was supposed to be born an Austrian." I know exactly how you feel! Love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have totally been there before. I believe.

    ReplyDelete