Thursday, June 10, 2010

THE HILLS ARE ALIVE!!!

Our adventures in the Alps started last Wednesday at 6am as we hopped on the train to Salzburg. I was so excited to see Salzburg cause every one told me how much they loved it. Unfortunately, I didn’t get to see much of Salzburg because the pouring rain, howling wind, thick fog and bitter cold weather clouded my view. . . and my camera died an hour in. *tear*
We got a quick tour of the city and, after reviving ourselves with hot coco, trekked up to the fortress, which was neat, but eventually we just gave up. And that was Salzburg. Then we got on the train, soaking wet, and all prayed our clothes would dry by morning, since we only packed in backpacks and had few other options. I can't remember a time when I was more wet, more cold or more tired.
Then: Dorfgastein. Oh my dear, it was like walking into Hansel and Gretel. It was the dang cutest thing I had ever seen. It was complete with holidays in lederhosen, cute summer cottages, fields of dandelions and cows with bells. Ale and I had WAY too much fun as roommates in our cute little B&B and were professional relaxers. Friday we bundled up and went to face the snow at the VERY top of the Alps for our hike. It was freeeeezing. . . for about 30 mins. Then we found this cute little lake, sang songs, ate lunch and then: THE SUN CAME OUT! Hooray! By the time our hike ended in the dandelion fields, we were hot. It was lovely, as was the rest of our stay.


Horst, our tour guide. He was 2 meters long and had that look on his face the entire time.


The most expensive golden arches in the world.
They are in fact gold. This is where we eventually took refuge from the weather


The house where Mozart was born


Hot chocolate in preparation for our hike in freezing temperatures


Imaging Sunshine


SUN!!! Halleluja!






So, somewhere I have pictures of the actually town and some awesome videos that need editing, I will get them up when I find them .

No comments:

Post a Comment