Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Carnivals and Wienerschnitzel

Sometimes I just need to have a chill day. I picked Saturday. It was needed. Cassie and I slept ALL morning and then caught up on homework and other things. It was actually quite lovely. Not wanting to waste the entire day, we decided to go up to Saint Stephans Square and then to dinner. There was a carnival-type thing going on in front of the cathedral and we shopped and ate really yummy treats. I only have a little point and shoot camera, but Cassie let me play with her big fancy camera (even though I had no idea how to use it) for a while. Then we had a true Austrian dinner of Wienerschnitzel and apple juice. And then we went home and called it a day. But it was a lovely day indeed.


This photo is dedicated to Alex Allred. He will find it highly amusing





These creepy men in costumes stop us everyday. This is the first time I've seen someone happily listening to them.




This is Wienerschnitzel. (Wiener, Wien, meaning Vienna, therefore Viennese )It's breaded and fried meat. Not a hotdog. Why the hotdog place called themselves Wienerschnitel I will never understand. I still haven't finished this meal. Good price too.

1 comment: