Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things

I feel my thoughts about Donauinselfest this past weekend are best expressed in song

Warm summer evenings with Tichy gelatto
Hasselnuss, Himbeer und Shokolade combo
The way that it tastes and the joy that it brings
These are a few of my favorite things

Open air concerts with no charge admission
Old Billy Idol, the splendid musician
He’s now in his 50’s and yet he still sings
These are a few of my favorite things

Three million tourists with pushing and shoving
Angry drunk people and PDA loving
Garbage all over that makes my nose sting
These are a few of my least favorite things

But when the beer spills
And I can’t see
And the band is bad
I simply remember I live here in Wien
And I can’t help but feel. . .
LIFE’S RAD!


Best eis in Vienna, in my opinion

Very few things in life make me happier


Cassie asked for another scoop, and the lady made her a whole new cone. Sweet Cassie just paid for both cones


Watching her trying to eat them before the melted was hysterical. We had an audience.




There is a strange trend here to buy plastic flower leis at concerts. Everyone had them and it was really amusing.

Over the course of the weekend, literally 3 million people crowded into the festival. I have never seen more people crowded together in my life. This picture doesn't even begin to describe

1 comment:

  1. I love your song, I totally can sing it in my head to the original!

    ReplyDelete