Saturday, June 12, 2010

A Night at the Opera

I would have been content to leave my “Night at the Opera” experience to the best QUEEN album ever recorded, but I decided that I would give it a try and attend an opera tonight . . . in Bratislava, Slovakia. Now, I’m all for sitting through high-culture performances everywhere in Europe, but this one just didn’t quite cut the cheese for me (even though someone in my vicinity did, several times. JOY.) The singing was great, but everything else about the production, from staging to costuming was, for lack of a better word, awkward. I couldn’t figure out what time period the “director” was trying to put it in and I had to keep my self from sort-laughing several times. It all ended with the slowest and most silent curtain call in history as the audience unenthusiastically clapped to the silence IN UNISON. So strange. At least I can say I’ve been to Slovakia.

This picture expresses perfectly our Slovakian day. Sweaty hot, confusing and disappointing.

The dinner, however, was really good! I ate tuna, and DIDN'T puke! (Are you proud, parents?)

1 comment:

  1. Your face in that picture is so classic. What a beautiful face you have my dear.

    ReplyDelete