Tuesday, December 6, 2011

How to Conjure a Patronus . . .

. . . think of a powerfully happy memory . . . Got it! (See following post for details)

I think I can safely say that I have the best job on campus. In addition to getting paid to go to events and interview interesting people and then write about it, the Ke Alaka'i (the BYUH news where I work as a multimedia journalist) recently sent a lucky few of us to Orlando for a college journalism conference. Lucky for us, however, we were still left with plenty of time to go on adventures. We spent a few days at Disney World (of course, like I wouldn't go back home to visit), but most importantly, dear old Charlie, (gosh I love the kid) made sure we got to go to Islands of Adventure, particularly, THE WIZARDING WORLD OF HARRY POTTER!!! We rode dragons and broomsticks and shopped in Hogsmeade. It was wonderfully happy. As usual, I was to busy having fun to whip out my camera, but my iPod managed to document a few magical moments of that day. Check it out:

Charlie was spending his day "hanging out" with Sam I Am, so of course, we went to visit him. He is oh so talented.
Eating at The Three Broomsticks was easily the best part of my day. Seriously amazing. And the Butterbeer! Oh the butterbeer! Oh the odes that were inspired by that delightful stuff. For those of you that have yet to experience this splendorous treat, make it a priority in your life. It's not beer at all, but like a butterscotch cream soda with this extra magical whipped topping. And get the frozen one. You will die. Pretty sure The Mirror of Erised will show me with a lifetime supply of the stuff.

*photo from my last Orlando adventure with Charlie and Sari*

And . . . I have no more photos for you. Yes, sad. I feel like i just cheated you out of all of the fun by robbing you of more delightful documentation. Sorry 'bout it. Guess you will just have to live out your own Harry Potter adventure. Also, I think I am now inspired to do a nostalgia post about the good old days working at WDW. So stay tuned.
EXPECTO PATRONUM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment