Saturday, December 17, 2011

Aloha Oe

Oh my tears and sadness! In just a few short hours I will taking the dreaded drive down town for the last time in the foreseeable future. This is a problem you see, because Laie has been my home for the last three years and I don't like the idea of not knowing when I will be coming back. This week has been nutso, but in the midst of all the crazy finals and preparing to leave stuff, I managed to make a last few memories on this beloved isle.

Eliza, Eevanna and I took a trip up to the North Shore for the Pipeline final on Saturday.  Somehow, it's when I have the most to do in the least amount of time that I manage to do something awesome even though I should be studying instead.  Procrastination in my main motivator to find something fun to do.  Plus, like I'm going to miss Pipe when I'm 15 mins away.  Please.  
Please note how I'm making the same not smiling face in all of these pictures.  I'm not sure where this pattern came from, but alas . . .

Just pretend i'm smiling and look happy, cause I am.  Two Aussie men surfing crazy waves . . . seriously.  I was happy :)

My last Sunday in Hawaii I got some more leis and took a another awkward picture.  You're Welcome.

And of course the face changes when it comes to food.  True tragedy is the thought of not knowing when the next chance I will have to eat a Kahuku Grill cheeseburger or Hukilau Cafe Chocolate Chip Pancakes.
Sniff.  Tear.  Frowny Face.

But, of course, I put my studies first always.
Perfect last day at the beach can not be ruined by chinese flashcards

No matter how hard they try. Wo bu xihaun xuexi zhongwen.
The aftermath of this weeks cramming.

Oh Oahu, I am going to miss you and the life we've shared.  It's been real. Mahalo.  Now I'm going to stop before I cry.

1 comment:

  1. Um...I had to laugh at the part where you wrote about your last drive to the airport. Because technically you had another drive to the airport hahaha! I figured when I didn't hear from you again you must have made it on the flight. Hawaii misses you!!

    ReplyDelete