Monday, July 12, 2010

I Died and Went to Hallstatt

I didn’t actually die, of course, cause I’m writing this post, but I might as well have. Every once and a while in life you come across places that you didn’t think actually existed, but after you pinch yourself and check your pulse, you find yourself having a Belinda Carlisle epiphany type moment and realize that “Ooh, Heaven is a Place on Earth.” And sometimes, if you are as lucky as I am, you get to spend the weekend there and go on adventures. This was my experience in Hallstatt. I think my heaven might be a cute little village with cute little houses with red geraniums in every window sill and a lake in the mountains to go boating and an endless supply of salt. Yep, I’m pretty sure it would basically be Hallstatt. I’m so glad I get to go back in another 66 years or so (I was born in 88 so I decided that 88 would be a good age to die, but I digress.) Here is was what I sampled this past weekend:
We're a bunch of nerds cause we all worked on our journals the entire train ride.

For the last while I have had a picture of this square on the desktop of my computer. I didn't take that one, but I did take this one. It was a picture perfect place.


View from the middle of the lake. Gorgeous

On the paddleboat, perhaps my new favorite pasttime

The castle we paddled to

Our life sustenance for the past months. We never go anywhere without pretezels and Nutella, or at least the clever brand.


Amelia and me in out room at the Gasthaus

Of course, I had to buy gelatto

Waterfall :) Happiness

Jessica and I in our awesome outfits they gave us to wear in the Salt Mine (the oldest in the world FYI). I was wearing a skirt that I had to tuck into my pants, hence the buldge around my middle. We got a good laugh out of it. The tour was awesome, complete with laser shows, time travel, train rides, and thrilling slides.
Waiting for the boat race to start Cute kid in cute hat. He's American, but he looked local.

Skulls in the Bone House. The paint them all fancy and line then up
Some dated back to the 1700s. They are already back in Hallstatt, Lucky them.

Me after I won my Second (2/2 Thank you!) chess battle. I felt like Harry Potter :) Our peices weren't quite as violent as his, but we did out best to animate them.
Awesome, yes? See you on the other side!

2 comments:

  1. Quite informative. Gud picture. Tnx. We'll b visiting Hallstat next month. Any tips which you want to share with me abt Salzburg and country side then pls write to me at swethal@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete