Friday, August 12, 2011

Mels Bells

Wedding bells, that is.
Not only did I have the joy of growing up with Miss Melanie Burr, I had the privilege of being a bridesmaid when she became Mrs. Melanie Marshall. Mel and I have been friends for 19 years. 19. That's a lot of years. Nearly 19/23rds of my life. (Mel's the math teacher so I will let her deal with that fraction) She was my first friend when we moved to LV when I was 4 and she will always be included on my list of greatest people in my life. I don't think I have many childhood memories (and trust me, I have many) that do not include Melanie (and, o'course Kelly, the 3rd musketeer). We held many a lemonade stand, built many a club house, and had many a sleepover (which always included watching TGIF). Beaver Cleaver would have been jealous of our childhood. It was so awesome to see her all growed up as a bride. Almost made me reconsider leaving my Never-Neverland life. Almost.

Love ya Mel! Thanks for the good ole days and I wish many more a comin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment